Wednesday, June 18, 2008

MSG


A fellow named John Erb wrote this Citizen Petition to the FDA to revoke GRAS status of Monosodium Glutamate (MSG). I might have had my doubts but now I am sure that this stuff is not good for you. And if this stuff is not good, then there must be many other ingredients in our packaged foods that are also not good. It's pretty daft that the FDA allows for this to happen so this is an effort to be more conscientious about the foods I choose to eat. In the future I may decide to participate in some sort of citizen's action against MSG in food products. I am currently looking for a book on healthy eating for students and people in a hurry. Until then, I am paying more attention to labels.

I've created this document that will contain information about foods and ingredients containing MSG. Check out truthinlabeling.com for more information on this subject.

No comments: